Sunday, January 4, 2009

Future Planning

So my husband and I have been talking a lot about having a "little mossman" to chase around the house. Ben has wanted children since the day we were married, and well for me, I have always wanted a family, but my emetophobia fear has taken over. If you've never heard of it, emetophobia is the fear of vomiting. It's a terrible sickness (no pun intended) that trully takes over your life. So just the thought of being pregnant and dealing with nausea and possible vomiting makes me a nervous wreck. But up until about a month ago, I wasn't sure when I would really be ready to start trying to have children. I feel more comfortable with the thought now, and I'm realizing that I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to miss out on one of life's most amazing experiences. And even if I have morning sickness, I pray that it's not terrible. I've already been praying that I don't have to deal with it... But if I do, I have my wonderful husband and family who will be there to help me through things as much as possible. I know I can do this, and I will be able to do this!! My heart melted the other day when Ben sent me a text message saying - "I know I will be an amazing Father..."

2 comments:

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Hey Crystal, Lawrence sent me your Picasa Album and i seen you had a blogspot too!I think you will make a great Mommy! Your so nice and i know you can handle what comes your way, once you see your child for the first time everything you went threw will seem like nothing, I'm sure you will be fine :) I'm sorry to here about your emetophobia, i took promethzine when i had my gallbladder issues and they worked great, idk if you can take them with a baby but there are ways to prevent morning sickness. I'd talk to your OBGYN and they might have something to give you. It doesnt hurt to ask right? :) I hope things work out for you and Ben. :)

-Amber